Ansible Education Consulting Ltd was established by David Lee in 2016 to build on his extensive experience of working on an employed and freelance basis with further education colleges and independent training providers in business development roles since 2000, including bid writing, subcontractor management and apprenticeship delivery.
Notable bid writing successes include:
- 2000-2004: Over £5m Government Office and Learning and Skills Council (LSC) European Social Fund (ESF) contract value for a range of projects including supporting NEETs, family learning and workforce development
- 2005-2008: Over £7m LSC ESF and £250k Birmingham City Council Enterprising Communities ESF
- 2008-2010: £5.3m DWP Flexible Routeways ESF, 2.8m LSC Response to Redundancy ESF and 1.3m Young Person’s Guarantee amongst others
- 2011: £12m Skills Funding Agency (SFA) Skills Support for Redundancy and Skills Support for the Unemployed ESF
- 2012: £19m SFA Skills Support for the Workforce ESF and £2m London Councils ESF
- 2014: £2m SFA Skills Support for Work Programme Participants ESF
- 2016: £2.7m SFA NEET, Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance and Basic English Language for the Unemployed ESF
In addition to the above, David has assisted various independent providers to successfully bid to prime providers to deliver over £2m of subcontracted classroom, workplace and apprenticeship delivery.
Since establishing Ansible Education Consulting, David has supported a wide range of providers to join the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers and submit successful tenders for ESFA Adult Education Budget (AEB) delivery and apprenticeship delivery to non-levied employers. David also reviewed AEB and non-levied apprenticeship bids for other providers with significant success, and has written a wide range of other successful tenders, including for delivery to levied employers.
David’s bid writing takes full advantage of his BA (Hons) degree in English Language and Literature and Master of Philosophy in Canadian and American Studies, both from the University of Birmingham. He has worked in both public and private sectors, including the Manpower Services Commission (the precursor of the Education and Skills Funding Agency), Department of Employment, Collins COBUILD Ltd (a subsidiary of Harper Collins publishers), Birmingham City Council and five leading further education colleges.
Ansible Education Consulting takes its name from the Ansible, an instantaneous, faster than light communication device imagined by the wonderful, feminist, humanist and thought-provoking writer Ursula K. Le Guin (21 October, 1929 – 22 January, 2018) and featured in a number of her novels including The Left Hand of Darkness and The Dispossessed: an Ambiguous Utopia.