The Greater London Authority (GLA) has published a Prior Information Notice (PIN) for the forthcoming bidding round to procure the 2019-2023 European Social Fund (ESF) programme which will support the London Economic Action Partnership’s (LEAP’s) three skills and employment themes:
- promoting sustainable employment and progression outcomes;
- ensuring individuals and employers are better informed to drive the skills; and
- employment system and engaging with London’s businesses to help drive growth in the Capital.
The indicative value to be procured to support is in the region of £71m over 4 years. Indicative provision to be tendered includes:
- Sector Skills: support for adults & young people to gain relevant skills and find work in the Construction,Health, Early Years, STEM, and Creative industries;
- Parental Employment: support for parents to access childcare, find work and progress in work;
- Higher Level Progression: support with higher level qualifications & occupations for low paid work;
- ESOL Practitioners: training & upskilling for practitioners in community settings;
- English & Maths: improving participation & achievement.
- ESOL Support: improving Low Level Literacy & Digital Skills.
- Continuing Participation: support for young people at risk of becoming NEET;
- Gangs Prevention: support for young people vulnerable to involvement in gangs & serious youth violence;
- SEND NEET: support for young people with special educational needs & disabilities;
- Targeted NEET: support for young people who have specific complex needs or characteristics; and
- Careers Clusters: improving the provision of careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG).
The full notice can be found on the Transport for London tender portal.
As always, please don’t hesitate to contact me if you require support with submitting a tender to deliver ESF in London.